Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Did It!!

Yes, I peeked at my weight again today; back down to my new normal weight of 123.   Anyway, I had to go to the doctor and they weighed me on a digital scale and it was the same....IN BIG BOLD NUMBERS!!
Couldn't miss it.  I have to tell you about a new sweetener I found; it is Organic Coconut Sugar.  It is an unrefined alternative to cane sugar.  1 tsp. has 4 grams of sugar and you use it 1:1 replacement for sugar.  It was great on my oatmeal this morning; good.  It is gluten free and made by MADHAVA.  I also found a sugar-free Chai Tea. It is made by OREGON CHAI.  That was also good.
Good news, my MRI was normal!!!  I am also feeling much better.  What was the pain?  Medication?  Perhaps some intestinal swelling.  The doctor told me to come back in April unless I have problems again.  I really like her; which is saying a lot for me-to LIKE a doctor. 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Mmmm! I LOVE coconut! Where did you buy that sweetner? Can't wait to try it in my coffee!

Kathy said...

Sweet! haha Good about the pain. Do you know how the sweetner rates on the GI index? Check it out.

Kathy said...

oh my word, i didn't know you were back on this blog. I am not going back on each one to comment, so I'll just leave a mega comment on this one. haha But, I did read them all. knew it was the wheat. remember we told you it was even in the air at harvest?? People who eat gluten free usually eat more sugar than the rest of us. It must be hard to eliminate both. A "little" sugar is probably ok....