Thursday, January 19, 2012

Healthy Steamer

A steamer is a hot frothy milk usually with flavoring such as caramel or hazelnut and others.  I have been making one with turmeric which is a spice used in cooking but it also has immune properties.  I haven't had a cold in 2 years since I started taking it.  You can take turmeric in pill form, but this week I have been putting an 1/8th. of a tsp in my steamers.  I add a couple of shots of Divinci's sugar-free cinnamon flavoring-whip it up and add some real cinnamon on top; surprisingly good.  I even got the chef to drink some today. He agreed.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So, it tastes ok? Fresh tumeric or just from the grocery or the spice place or what?

Kathy said...

p.s. what kind of milk? I use Almond. Low in calories and fat etc.

Unknown said...

I use rice milk. Just regular tumeric in the spices-use 1/8th tsp. and cinnamon and a diet caramel or cinnamon you would use for a steamer. Not bad really.